Friday, August 08, 2003

"Summer’s in the city/do what you’ve gotta do"

30-degree weather in Glasgow is strange. For it to last past 3pm on a Friday is uncanny. Folks, we’re talking about a hot summer weekend in Scotland! Och aye, ‘tis true!

Since I'm in a summer spirit, why not profile the ultimate summer album. Actually, it's just the ultimate album period. The band is Athlete and the album is Vehicles & Animals. This album is so addictive I call it musical crack. A day has yet to pass where I don't put this one on at some point. I mean, look at the elements covered: sweet, sweet pop songs, killer harmonies, big choruses, clever lyrics that get into your head, beats, guitars, AND casio keyboards. It doesn't get any better than this. Track this album down, you owe it to yourself.

I was going to write more but it's very hot today and this internet cafe is quite stifling. Plus I hear a pint out there calling my name - who am I to deny it?

No comments: