Saturday, June 26, 2004

Straight out of O-Town

A hearty welcome to Chris into the world of blogging. As he states in his first post, blogging is quickly becoming the easy (lazy?) alternative to emailing. CJ – I haven’t heard much from you lately so keep the posts coming!

He also makes a great statement about the upcoming Canadian elections. I confess I did not get my act together soon enough to register as an international voter, so I won’t be able to cast my vote this election. However, I do hope that all those who are able to vote do so and prevent any form of Conservative government. While admittedly the Liberals are hardly the picture of corruption-free government, electing the Tories is not the way to punish them. It will only be punishing the country itself. Canada is still one of the best places in the world to live, and electing a government that promotes many of the same policies as the Bush administration is not doing anybody any favours. After all the progress Canada has made, why would we want to take a giant step backwards?

I’ve got my fingers crossed for a Liberal minority.

No comments: