Thursday, July 27, 2006

Video Killed The Radio Star

The music video was dead to me. I haven't had cable for years, and still see no reason to. (BBC and Channel 4 is sufficient for me thanks very much). Without access to the music channels, I'm forced to actually listen to music rather than see the (often lame) visual rendition. Which suits me fine.

Good ol' Internet though. YouTube, among others, has made it convenient for folk like me to watch the humble music video again. And unlike the MuchMusic days, I don't have to sit through hours of crap to get to something good. Hell, I've finally seen a Cocteau Twins Video!



And a Tahiti 80 classic!



And the brilliant new Phoenix video!



And finally, a little something from a band called The Pipettes. I saw them play a few weeks ago, and have since picked up the album which I think is both awful and amazing at the same time. Tongue-in-cheek pop brilliance or gimmicky shite? I still haven't decided - what do you think?

>

No comments: