Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Going Coastal

The middle part of the Italian trip took place in the Amalfi Coast, a gorgeous stretch of coastline on the Mediterranean. Steve and Rachel took us in their rented convertible which Steve bravely drove along some of the narrowest and windiest roads I've ever seen in my life. But the views were absolutely stunning.

We found a good deal on a hotel in the town of Amalfi, but we weren't expecting much. But turns out we got a balcony, with the following view:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nice.

It has to be said that this is not normally my thing. I'll never be a beach holiday guy. I just don't understand the appeal. Roasting myself in the sun and swimming in the sea and drinking, then repeat, for days on end sounds dreadfully boring.

However, I've discovered that to do this for a day is pretty sweet.

The town of Amalfi, while small, was very picturesque:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We also took a few mini-trips, including a drive up a mountain road to the town of Ravello (fantastic meal!) and a daytrip to Positano (best swim of the trip).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: