Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Broken Social Scene @ The Arches

I'm a few weeks back from a short but sweet trip to Canada where the main event was the Chaiton-Murray wedding which turned out to be a particularly brilliant party.

But one unexpected consequence of making this trip would be that I would miss two shows I would have never otherwise missed. Seems as though some of Canada's indie rock royalty decided to descend upon Glasgow over the course of only a few weeks, so I ended up missing Feist at Oran Mor (which according to the review was stunning) and my beloved Stars at King Tuts.

Luckily we managed to catch Broken Social Scene who are on the road as a relatively reduced 6-piece touring the Kevin Drew solo album (but still playing the BSS classics). Excellent as you would expect. And who was there on guitar duties? None other than Bill Priddle who was in Treble Charger back in the mid-90's. Not doubt I was the only one in the room who would have known or cared about that, but my inner 18-year old self was well impressed. A little classic TC anybody?



Easily the best night you could ever ask for on a Monday!

No comments: