Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Super Furry Animals @ Barrowlands

With the idea of putting a bit more mass on my skinny frame, I've been taking a weekly circuits class over at the nearby naval base. Nothing luxurious here folks - I'm talking equipment circa WWII and lots of naval dudes admiring their tattoos (oh yes, there are anchors!) and biceps in the mirror.

One can't help but get the impression that they do, in fact, want you as a new recruit.
But these able seamen take their classes seriously, so no going through the motions on this circuit. So when the second day syndrome kicks in, you certainly feel it.

Which is all a long way of saying I wasn't feeling particularly up to this gig by the time I got home from work. But it's amazing what a few pints and the rock can do to alleviate pain.

SFA have been doing their thing, seemingly always just under the mainstream radar, since the Brit Pop days and are still putting out quality tunes. I always dig their live shows - always effortlessly and unpretentiously quirky and fun.

A taste of their more recent material below:


Update: a great review from one of Fi's mates can be seen here. Couldn't agree more.

No comments: