Friday, December 14, 2007

Thirty

The big 3-0 has now come and gone, and while I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, I'm amazed how little it fazed me and how much I feel exactly the same as I did beforehand (I can already hear the chorus of "surprise surprise"). Being Mr. Melodrama, I'd dreaded this birthday more than most. While I certainly expected a barrage of old man jokes (and I wasn't disappointed), I was surprised and quite touched over the fuss my friends made on the day. The O.T.T. song and dance stuff tends to make me cringe even when I'm not the recipient, but I found myself going with the flow this time and actually ended up enjoying myself. And being this time of year, the day itself blended into a series of Xmas parties. The result was a truly surreal weekend which covered most of Central Scotland, from a concert featuring a mate's band to Fife nightclubbing to Jamiroquai impressionists in Queensferry to drunken ballroom dancing in Edinburgh to Greek Zorbas dancing in Glasgow. And lots of stories that probably wouldn't be very funny unless you were there.

So thanks everybody, it was appreciated!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jamiroquai impressionists? For some reason, that sounds awfully dirty to me.