Thursday, July 10, 2003

Wet, Wet, Wet

It was bound to happen.

I currently live in a tenement flat in the south end of Glasgow. I couldn't tell you the exact age of it, but I reckon it's close to 100 years old, complete with old school furniture built into the walls, squeeky floors and a ceiling that has to be about 15ft. high (great change after the 6ft. ceiling of my last flat). I love it. I could never do modern again.

However, with an old flat comes problems. Some inept floor tiler was working in the flat upstairs and punctured a water pipe. Lovely! Water from the roof, through the walls - I especially loved the water bubbles that formed behind the wallpaper. I think things may have been different if the place was a little newer. Still, this is nothing but a slight inconvenience. Nothing beats the atmosphere of an old flat!

And hopefully the trend of "wet" doesn't continue this weekend in Balado for T in the Park. But this is Scotland. As Mike can attest, the weather can change rather dramatically around here, so I expect to experience all four seasons over the next few days. Bring it on says I.

No comments: